Download Here: Download MP3
“Mental wellness should be a required factor while you are starting and expanding your empire. It is important to recognize and respond when your mental health is calling for help. Be your own advocate and do not allow the stigma connected to seeking help dictate how you should lead your journey. Investing in mental wellness will promote your inner-strength, and improve your quality of life. A successful CEO is proactive in seeking the resources needed to achieve their purpose.” -Leslie Garcia, LCSW
This month, I’m leading 30 days of Wealth & Wellness for our Black Woman CEO Community. Did you know women are experiencing higher mortality and morbidity rates due to a collection of factors researchers are calling “deaths of despair”?
This spike in mortality rates is associated with particular behaviors: abuse of drugs and inadequate attention to mental health conditions.
In this episode, I share how this unique phenomenon shows up for us as Black women entrepreneurs. Also, I provide 3 effective approaches to tend to your mental wellness.
Join us on April 24th at 7:00pm EST for Wealth & Wellness Community Conversation “CEO Wellness Solutions” with Leslie Garcia, LCSW- Founder of Counseling Space.
At the Scheduled time, join us on the Facebook Page
During this conversation, Leslie will share strategies and solutions that speak to our unique experiences as Black women entrepreneurs. You’ll learn:
- The unique ways mental health symptoms present in Black women
- Effective solutions to integrate work/business, life, self-care, and family.
- How to stay well as you navigate being the CEO of your life and business.
- Plus Q & A time where you can ask your pressing questions around wellness and entrepreneurship.
Resources mentioned in today’s episode
- Black Woman CEO-The AYA Network: https://www.blackwomanceo.com/yesaya
- The Black Woman CEO Circle Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlackWomanCEO
- Breaking the Silence: Kate Spade isn’t the only one by Black Woman CEO Founder/CEO Quanisha Green, MSS: https://medium.com/@quanishamgreen/breakingthesilence-6fd8f04a032d
- Therapy for Black Girls: https://www.therapyforblackgirls.com
- Black Woman CEO: www.BlackWomanCEO.com
THANKS FOR LISTENING! PLEASE RATE, REVIEW AND SUBSCRIBE…
Thanks so much for joining us on the podcast this week! Be sure to leave me a note in the comments below with your #1 takeaway from the show.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get FREE automatic notifications when each new episode goes live!
Finally, please consider leaving an honest rating and review for The Black Woman CEO Podcast on iTunes, GooglePlay or Stitcher to help spread the word about the show and help more Black women find our community!
Image by Dwayne Jones