Today, we’re excited to share an awesome interview with Star of Discovery’s Undercover Billionaire and Black Woman CEO, Monique Idlett-Mosley. She is the Founder and CEO of Reign Ventures, a technology fund that empowers young entrepreneurs to create their own multimillion-dollar businesses. Monique has generated hundreds of millions for the startup companies she’s collaborated with.
Download Here: Download MP3
Subscribe, Rate & Review: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | GooglePlay | Spotify | Amazon Music | Audible | iHeartRadio
After a childhood of adversity, Monique proved herself as a young executive on the rise at USA Today. She made her first fortune by creating an agency that partnered corporations with entertainment and sports stars. Monique went on to become the brains behind the Mosley Music Group, in partnership with her now ex-husband Tim “Timbaland” Mosley, where she was responsible for managing the successful careers of such high-profile artists as One Republic, Nelly Furtado and Chris Cornell.
Be sure to listen in today, Monique shares highlights from her Undercover Billionaire journey plus how to move beyond perfectionism & fear.
Key Highlights of this episode:
Connect with Monique Idlett-Mosley: Instagram and Reign Ventures
Let’s continue the conversation in our online sanctuary for Black women entrepreneurs doing ALL levels of business- The Black Woman CEO Circle
DISCOVERY ANNOUNCES SECOND SEASON OF ‘UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE’ WITH THREE BUSINESS TYCOONS VYING TO MAKE A MILLION-DOLLAR COMPANY IN JUST 90 DAYS
‘UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE’ Returns Wednesday, January 6, at 8 PM ET/PT Followed by the All-New ‘UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE: COMEBACK CITY’ at 10 PM ET/PT on Discovery
(LOS ANGELES) – In the first season of UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE, self-made businessman Glenn Stearns bet big that the American Dream was still alive and well. Viewers watched as Glenn was stripped of his name, wealth and contacts and dropped into a city he’s never been to see if he could build a million-dollar company in 90 days with only $100 in his pocket. Inspired by Glenn’s audacious bet, three new entrepreneurs have stepped forward to embark on the same bold challenge. UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE returns for a second season on Wednesday, January 6 at 8 PM ET/PT on Discovery, followed by an all-new series UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE COMEBACK CITY at 10 PM ET/PT on Discovery. The series will also stream on Discovery+.
This season, three successful entrepreneurs are betting $1 million that they can go undercover in three different cities, start their own business with just $100 and top the million-dollar mark in just 90 days. At the end of the challenge, each of them will reveal their true identities to the people who helped build their business. But will they be able to turn their big ideas into a reality? And can they navigate the impact of COVID-19 that has forced so many businesses across the country to shutter?
Each person will need to rely on their own unique secrets of success. Everyone has their own game plans, secret business hacks and strategies. After all, there’s more than one way to make $1 million dollars.
The entrepreneurs going undercover this year include:
- Grant Cardone, an unapologetic entrepreneur and international motivational speaker, real estate investor, sales trainer and author of best-selling publications, including The 10XRule and Be Obsessed or Be Average. The traditional concept of the American Dream — work hard, save money and own a home — is wrong, according to Grant. He maintains that people have everything you need, and cash is trash when it sits idle. You need to put your money and your contacts to work. There’s nothing Grant won’t do for an opportunity to succeed, and he believes that relentless attitude should be adopted by everyone.
- Monique Idlett-Mosley, the founder and CEO of Reign Ventures, a technology fund that empowers young entrepreneurs to create their own multimillion-dollar businesses. Monique has generated hundreds of millions for the startup companies she’s collaborated with. After a childhood of adversity, Monique proved herself as a young executive on the rise at USA Today. She made her first fortune by creating an agency that partnered corporations with entertainment and sports stars. Monique went on to become the brains behind the Mosley Music Group, in partnership with her now ex-husband Tim “Timbaland” Mosley, where she was responsible for managing the successful careers of such high-profile artists as One Republic, Nelly Furtado and Chris Cornell.
- Elaine Culotti, a real estate developer, interior designer, builder, founder of House of Rock and visionary. A serial entrepreneur since the age of 14, Elaine broke into the male-dominated construction business and bulldozed her way into becoming one of the industry’s biggest players. Elaine doesn’t let anyone or anything stop her from achieving her goals. She has developed and built everything from luxury homes to casinos and hospitals. Elaine moves forward with intense determination, no visible fear of failure, and an uncanny ability to get her way.
Following the premiere of UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE will be the all-new series UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE: COMEBACK CITY premiering Wednesday, January 6 at 10 PM ET/PT on Discovery. In this new series, Glenn Stearns from the first season of UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE, returns to Erie, Pa., where he built his business, Underdog BBQ, in just 90 days. Now he has a new mission: rescuing small businesses on the brink of going bust.
When the economy hit the skids earlier the year, Glenn was contacted by other Erie businessmen and women who were struggling to keep their own dream alive. Each episode will follow Glenn as he works to turn around one of these small businesses. After assessing their operation and identifying areas to change, he’ll work with them to transform it in just 27 days. Why 27 days? The average small business in America has just 27 days in cash reserves. Glenn believes that if a business can’t turn it around in that amount of time, they’ll never be able to.
Each episode will give all business owners key lessons on how to stay afloat and grow. Glenn will identify the many pitfalls new businesses face and lay out a plan to reach their money-making goals. Though, no money will be handed out. Viewers will get simple tips on how to earn fast money and thrive despite all the odds. From diners and boxing gyms to coffee shops and rust belt manufacturing, Glenn will share all that he’s learned and might have a few surprise tricks up his sleeves as well.
To catch fans up on last season, Discovery will be re-airing the first season of UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE in a marathon line-up on Small Business Saturday, beginning at 11 AM ET/PT on Saturday, November 28.
Viewers can join the conversation on social media by using #UndercoverBillionaire and follow Discovery on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for the latest updates.
UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE is produced for Discovery Channel by This is Just a Test. For This is Just a Test, Aengus James, Colin King Miller, and Tim Warren are executive producers as well as Michelle Galster as executive producer for UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE: COMEBACK CITY. Glenn Stearns serves as Executive Producer for both series. For Discovery Channel, Joseph Boyle and Carter Figueroa are executive producers and Jessica Mollo is associate producer.
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 224 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the leader in global entertainment reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers in more than 220 countries and territories. Discovery satisfies curiosity, entertains and inspires viewers with high-quality content through global brands, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and through the Discovery Digital Networks portfolio, including Seeker and SourceFed. Discovery owns Eurosport, the leading pan-regional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education. For more information, please visit www.
*Credit: Courtesy of Discovery
THANKS FOR LISTENING! PLEASE RATE, REVIEW AND SUBSCRIBE…
Thanks so much for joining us on the podcast this week! Be sure to leave me a note in the comments below with your #1 takeaway from the show.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get FREE automatic notifications when each new episode goes live!
- Subscribe via Apple Podcasts (for iPhone)
- Subscribe via Stitcher (for Android)
- Subscribe via GooglePlay
- Subscribe via Spotify
Finally, please consider leaving an honest rating and review for The Black Woman CEO Podcast on Apple Podcasts, GooglePlay Spotify,or Stitcher to help spread the word about the show and help more Black women find our community!