I’m sitting here listening to Tweet’s song, I Was Created For This. Have you heard it?
This verse got me all emotional today:
I was created for this
My current life baffles me sometimes when I remember that almost 4 years ago, at the age of 28, I sat on the bathroom floor of my studio apartment ready to take my own life.
On top of the sheet of paper I selected to write my suicide letter, I wrote: “Would my 3-month old son be better off with me?” I hit rock bottom.
Have you ever been ready to give up? (It doesn’t have to be to this extreme, but you may know how it feels to be down and out.)
That day I ended up in the psych ward on an involuntary hold for two days. This visit changed my life.
You see, I would make a decision to use the same mind that was trying to kill me to save my life. So, I put my mind to figuring out how I could lead a life worth living.
Immediately, this is how life unfolded:
- I had a senior level job created for me within two weeks of my hospital discharge.
- The same job, a year & half later, created another role for me: Co-executive Director.
Sweet, right? While I was grateful for the opportunities, I felt I was meant for so much more than my 9-5 (plus despite the advancement, I didn’t feel appreciated).
Are you giving your valuable skills to a job that doesn’t appreciate you?
Because of my dissatisfaction, I pursued entrepreneurship. To make this path easier for me, I invested some serious dollars in coaching and mentorship (I’m talking over $10K). The deep work and training led to increased self-worth and I founded a business built on my expertise.
Here are a few accomplishments:
- Traveled internationally as a consultant & trainer -all expenses paid
- Selected as keynote speaker for a regional girls conference in California.
- Selected as a Digital Facilitator for the Power Networking Conference (Forbes ranks as #1 business conference for African Americans).
- Partnered with and spoke on the platforms of prominent Black women entrepreneurs such as Lashanda Henry (Sistasense) and Rosetta Thurman (Happy Black Woman).
- Trained and consulted for major universities and national institutions.
- Featured in regional & national publications.
- Received paid compensation for my skills & knowledge.
- Left graduate school with the ability to work full-time for myself.
Most importantly, I have the freedom to do what I’m created for, which is to help you- a high-level professional Black woman who is ready to take charge of her life and build an expert business so that you can quit your job and finally be your own Boss!
Why am I sharing this? Trust me, it’s not to brag. I want you to know that once we do the work to claim our worth, leverage our expertise and implement core business strategies, we can live the life we’re created for.
God didn’t make a mistake with you! There are people out there praying for only what you can uniquely offer. And yes, they care what you have to say!
To bridge the gap between where you are now and where you want to be simply requires you making a decision. Then, you take different actions, consistently.
Of course, starting a business can be overwhelming. It requires a strategic plan.
Otherwise, you’re taking actions that don’t lead to your desired results, but to you being unhappy and frustrated or procrastinating in your business.
This doesn’t have to be the reality you create for yourself. You CAN quit your job and become a sought-after expert in your industry.
Are you ready to live the life you were created for?
If so, I have some very good news for you! (Told you I would help you end 2016 on a powerful note). I’m excited to share that I have 7 openings in my calendar this month to help you get clarity during a private 30-minute “Confident CEO” Strategy Session.
Now there are only a few of these slots available and I have a feeling they are going to get booked up pretty fast. So to be considered for the opportunity to get clarity this month, you’ll need to apply for your free session by next Friday, October 7.
I can’t wait to speak with you!
Apply for your Confident CEO strategy session today >>> click here
Here’s what to expect:
In this session, we will meet privately by phone to discuss your business goals and the challenges that are keeping you frustrated and stuck. This is a powerful opportunity to find out what’s really holding you back and determine if and how I can help you move forward.
During our time together, I will take a close look at the major areas of your business in order to provide a high-level assessment of what’s happening and WHY you’re not getting the results you want. I will also make a professional recommendation for the best next steps you should take now to finally feel in control of your business and get on the CEO path! (This candid conversation is a $297 value)
You will leave this powerful session with:
- Clarity on what you need and want from your business
- A deep understanding of the specific challenges that are keeping you overwhelmed, frustrated or stuck
- Recommended next steps that will help you regain control of your time & results
- Revitalized strength and confidence to be more self-assured in starting and growing your expert business
Yes, I’m ready for my session >>> click here
P.S. Be all that you were created to be! Apply here for a complimentary 30-minute Confident CEO Strategy Session to explore if and how my programs may work for you.
Either way, you leave the session with clarity regarding your current challenges & your best next step >>> Click here to apply